Welcome from Mrs Dalzell
Dear Parents and Guardians
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all the children back after the summer break. I am looking forward to another succesful year, here at Maryvale Catholic Primary School.
The children in school always behave well and try hard with their work, even if they find it challenging, this is something as parents, you should be very proud of. The positive attitudes of the children alongside the hard work and commitment of the staff and govenors, have led to many successes over the last academic year which include:
- - A GOOD grade in March 2015 from Ofsted (the first GOOD the school has ever achieved).
- - 'Outstanding' in the RE Inspection in June 2015 - another first for the school.
- - Year 6 and Year 2 achieved good SATs results in line with national expectations.
- - Our Early Year's children in our Reception class, performed well reaching national standards.
- - Several sporting achievements, including awards in swimming, athletics and cross country running.
- - Whole school attendance has improved by 1.14%.
This year, we will continue to see changes in school - a new curriculum and assessment of pupil progress are being implemented, alongside many new initiatives to improve the educational opportunities available. We also welcome our own on site, before and after school club. I look forward to seeing the school continuing to move forward and improve further over the next 12 months.
On a final note, the mission statement for the school is "With our mother Mary, we gather together joyfully to love, live, learn and pray with respect for all God's family, as Jesus teaches us." As a leader of a Catholic Primary School, I want the best for all the children in our school community, therefore I do set very high expectations and will expect the mission of Maryvale to continue to be lived out fully through all we say and do.
I thank you for all your support.
Mrs Catherine Dalzell